Benefits - Tell us about your change of circumstances

Please complete this form to tell the Council of any changes that may affect your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction.

Completing this form

Please have your documents ready for upload before starting to complete this form. If you need to scan your documents now, you should refresh this page BEFORE you start to fill in your details.

Please do not use your browser's 'back' button whilst filling in this form.

If you wish to go back to a previous page please use the 'back' button towards the bottom of this form.

Please complete all of the mandatory questions (yellow boxes).

In order to maintain security, this form will time out after 15 minutes without any activity.

None of the information is retained if you do not submit the form. You will lose all the information if the form is not completed.


When photographing documents please use the close-up (macro) settings on your phone/camera and make sure the document is well lit with no shadows on it.

Please make sure the image is clear and in focus.

Your address


Your details

Please give us the following details so we can contact you if we have a query regarding this form.


Your benefit claim

Are you reporting that you want to stop receiving benefit?


We will be able to process the change to your benefit more quickly, if you provide us with proof of your new circumstances.

We may not be able to process this application if you do not provide us with the supporting information that we need.

Data protection and fraud prevention

The information provided on this application may be given to the Department for Work and Pensions and the Rent Officer Service. It may also be used to assist in the collection of Council Tax and other local authority debt collection purposes. Certain information may also be used to assist in the management and administration of local authority tenancies. We may also use information to inform and advise you on other benefits, welfare and related issues.

By Law, we have to protect the public funds we handle. We may use the information you have provided on this form to prevent and detect fraud, including checks against undeclared cohabitors. We may also share this information with other relevant organisations, including Experian and other credit reference organisations, for these purposes.

Use the link below for our home page.

Stoke-on-Trent City Council website