Housing Benefit / Council Tax Support - general enquiries

If the information you need is not available on our website, you can use this form to submit your enquiry. Please submit one enquiry only per form. If you are a landlord click here.

You can also use this form to provide us with additional information and documentary evidence to support your claim.

More and more people are signing up to our online account to manage their Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support claims. If you have a question about the amount of benefit you are due to receive or about your entitlement then you can sign up to our online account so that you can monitor what benefit you are due and when.

Enquiry details

Have you looked online? You can find lots of information about Housing Benefit and Council Tax support here.

Completing this form

Before completing this form we recommend preparing and scanning all attachments you intend to upload.

Please do not use your browser's 'back' button whilst filling in this form.

If you wish to go back to a previous page please use the 'back' button towards the bottom of this form.

Please complete all of the mandatory questions (yellow boxes).

In order to maintain security, this form will time out after 15 minutes without any activity.

None of the information is retained if you do not submit the form. You will lose all the information if the form is not completed.

Your details

Please give us the following details so we can contact you if we have a query regarding this form


Data Protection and Fraud Prevention

The information provided on this form may be given to the Department for Work and Pensions and the Rent Officer Service.

It may also be used to assist in the collection of Council Tax and other local authority debt collection purposes.

Certain information may also be used to assist in the management and administration of local authority tenancies.

We may also use information to inform and advise you on other benefits, welfare and related issues.

By Law, we have to protect the public funds we handle.

We may use the information you have provided on this form to prevent and detect fraud, including checks against undeclared cohabitors.

We may also share this information with other relevant organisations, including Experian and other credit reference organisations, for these purposes.

Use the link for our home page