Council Tax - Single person discount - Cancellation

You should use this form to tell the Council that you no longer wish to claim single person discount.

This form will ask you if you want to provide information regarding any additional occupier(s) in the property and their relationship(s) to you.

You have no legal obligation to provide this information but it may help the Council identify any other services to which you may be entitled.

Completing this form

Please do not use your browser's 'back' button whilst filling in this form.

If you wish to go back to a previous page please use the 'back' button towards the bottom of this form.

Please complete all of the mandatory questions (yellow boxes).

In order to maintain security, this form will time out after 15 minutes without any activity.

None of the information is retained if you do not submit the form. You will lose all the information if the form is not completed.

Property on which you pay Council Tax


Your details

Please give us the following details so we can contact you if we have a query regarding this form


I no longer want to claim single person discount

Please tick reason(s) for cancelling

Help for those on low incomes

If you are on benefit or low income (or you share your home with people who are) you may be entitled to a reduction in your bill. The reduction will depend on a number of things such as:

How much money you have coming in; how many people live with you; how much you have in savings or capital.

If you are under 60 and have £16,000 or more in capital or savings, then you will not be entitled to any Council Tax support.

Council Tax Support details

Data protection and fraud prevention

The information given on this form may be held on computer to enable the Council to meet its statutory duties. We may use the information you have provided to prevent and detect fraud.

We may also share this information with other councils or agencies that handle public funds.